Feng Shui for 2017
Flying Stars Feng Shui is an ancient application that takes the reading of energy in the home or office to the next level. It is a science that takes years to master. Yet, this information, as it is laid out, is easy enough for anyone to apply but it is highly recommended that you have a consultation to ensure proper placement, design, and flow of chi to ensure optimal results.
Most cures can be found on yogawithnitya.com and questions are welcomed ~
Kan Water #1 in the Center, Earth element with visiting Water – This is Water moving into Earth and we can expect to see more Water related disasters like floods and earthquakes especially in Central and Southern areas, like South America and the Middle East but also the Southern parts of the USA and the Mid-West. The Water being absorbed by the expansiveness of the Central Palace of the Ba-Gua will no doubt weaken the otherwise positive message the 1 Star forebode. The 1 Star typically draws new opportunities, financial gains, and academic achievements so the challenge is to support this energy and what we need for a mitigating element is Metal to make the energy flow. To enhance academic study, you should encourage your child to study in the Center of your home.
CURES to Mitigate and Support:
- Place a Brass Pagoda for good studies on a desk in this area
- For money luck place a single Gold Ingot on a piece of Blue fabric
- OR if you are needing to motivate romance in a current relationship or bring in a new love then place a pair of birds, 2 crystal hearts, 2 Pink candles, and an image of a couple (you and your partner or if looking for a lover, a picture of a couple you admire) embracing, dancing or in some way happy together
- AVOID clashing colors like Fire Red, Fuchsia, Orange, Violet and Rose, Earth tones like tan, brown, and yellow, Wood, all shades of green
- Support the Water with shades of BLUE as in throw pillows, rugs, bed linens, artwork that shows boats on the water (but not in a bedroom), with Black, Metal, White and Gray, Metal framed images, black and white photography, silky flowing fabrics too – Just keep in mind that the Center of your Home is the Heart of your Home and you want to cultivate a positive message here.
Kun Earth #2 is in North West, Metal visited by Earth – This malevolent star is connected to illness, stomach and digestive issues, bloating, arguments, gossip, and distress. The Earthy nature of the 2 Star is both activated and drained by the Metal of the North West. Continue to focus on Metal as a means to weaken this negative chi.
CURES to Dispel:
- If you have a bedroom in the North West make sure to put a Brass Wu Lou by the bedside for good health and a Salt Water Cure to absorb any residual toxicity
- If a front door place 2 Metal Fu Dogs on either side of the front stoop along with a Ba-Gua mirror on the front door to deflect the negative chi – Use an alternate entrance if at all possible
- Close curtains and doors to this room
- Do Not burn lights for long periods of time or use Fire in any way (if this is a Kitchen put cookie sheets over the burners when not in use)
- Place a round Metal bowl (a singing bowl, dog bowl, etc.)
- Do Not Bang, Dig, Renovate or in any way rattle the chi in this part of your home or office – this includes placement of the TV, stereo, stove, furnace, or machinery that makes noise
- Focus on colors of White, Silver, Gold, and Copper – Metal with accents of BLUE
- AVOID Earth tones and Fire especially Purple, Red, Yellow, Brown, Tan, Fuchsia, Orange, Violet and Rose along with Wood and all shades of green.
Chen Wood #3 is in the West, Metal visited by Wood – is connected to Theft, Arguments, Lawsuits, Disharmony and Anger. The 3 Star is a Wood element and the Metal of the West helps to control it and weaken it further. We also find the Grand Duke residing in the West as well – double whammy. Do not face or travel in the direction of the West in 2017 if at all possible. This means an office chair, favorite lounge chair, dining room chair or bed that you normally sit or sleep in should not point you to face West.
CURES to Dispel:
- A Red Hotei Buddha is an ideal cure
- Place a statue of Kuan Kong here to appease the Grand Duke
- If this is a front door, use another entrance, otherwise hang a Ba-Gua mirror with a Chinese coin on the back for protection from arguments and lawsuits
- Be very careful when signing any legal documents in 2017 if your office is in the West
- Keep curtains drawn and doors shut to this room to quell the negativity from spreading throughout the house
- Beware of backstabbing from trusted friends and associates
- Place a Brass Coiled Dragon on your desk or bedside to quell disputes
- NO wind chimes or ceiling fans or water features
- Keep the West quiet without renovations, banging or other disturbances
- Focus on accents of Fire with Red like a lamp with a Red shade, a Red floor rug, even a red envelope on a table, Salt Water Lamp, use Metal colors like gray, white, silver, and gold are okay as they will harmonize with monthly visiting stars and possibly bring good fortune
- AVOID Blue, Water, Earth tones like Yellow, Brown, and Tan, all shades of Green and Wood
Sun Wood #4 is in the North East, Earth visited by Wood –
The 4 Star motivates Intelligence, Academic Achievement, Relationships, Happiness, Travel, Self-Development, and Creativity. The 4 Star will have a hard time playing in the Earth direction of the North East and a mitigator of Fire is needed to ease the conflict of elements here. The North East is a very good area for writers, artists, students and anyone that is related to the travel industry
CURES to Enhance:
- Keep curtains open, open windows on nice days and keep doors open as well to keep chi active
- If this is an office or place where you have a desk or studio, place a jar with brushes, pens and markers and Red covered books to support creativity and scholarly success
- 4 stalks of Lucky Bamboo in a Red glass vase with a Pair of Birds to enhance romantic relationships
- Great area to place pictures of you and your lover or if single, pictures of couples you admire
- Be aware that romance here can turn on you if visiting monthly stars motivate infidelity, arguments, or other upsets
- Focus on mitigating with colors of Fire, Red, hot pink, purple, orange, with accents of Wood and shades of Green – throw rug, artwork, pillows, etc.
- AVOID Metal, white, gray, Blue and Black along with Earth tones like Yellow, Brown, Tan
Yellow Earth #5 in the South, Fire visited by Earth – The WORST energy of the year and not something you want in your bedroom or at your front door. This negative toxin can cause Sickness, Accidents, Disaster, Turmoil, Bad Luck and Overall Misfortune. This Earthy Star finds fuel in the powerful Fire of the South – not good. The worst months are March, September and December.
CURES to Dispel:
- Metal as in Chiming clocks, Musical Instruments, an empty round bowl, Metal statues and chimes all work to weaken the Earthy nature of the 5 Star
- Hang Metal Wind chimes
- Do not sleep or spend significant time in this area of your home. If you must sleep here use a Metal Wu Lou to protect health and the *Salt Water Cure
- Keep the door closed off to the rest of the house if possible, draw the drapes and keep the chi dormant
- No renovations, digging or loud noises inside and outside too – don’t forget to extend your Ba-Gua into the yard – also no music or TV, or ceiling fans in this area!
- No bright lights, lights left on for hours at a time, candles, fire place, stove, barbeque, fire pit
- If this is a stairwell hang jingle bells along the railing
- If this is the front entrance hang a Ba-Gua mirror with a Chinese coin on the back and place Gold Fu Dogs on the front steps
- AVOID RED, Fire, YELLOW and all Earth tones as well as pottery, stones, porcelain and crystals – if this is a Kitchen cover the stove burners with cookie sheets or Metal plates when not in use
- Focus on Metal to drain as in colors of white, gray, gold and silver, black and white photography, Metal statuary
Chien White Metal #6 is in the North, Water visited by Metal – connected to Windfalls, Money, Good Fortune, and Helpful Allies. The North being a Water direction will motivate the 6 Star into action but also drain it, so we will want to support this energy. The 6 will be beneficial for your career, wealth, helpful for politicians, leaders and anyone involved in the property market. If you have a front door, office/study in the North, you will benefit greatly.
CURES to Enhance:
- Keep this area active, open curtains and windows and doors
- Hang a strand of 6 coins with a Gold Buddha or Hotei for money luck
- Pottery, Crystals, and Stones are all welcome here
- Support Metal with Earth tones like Tan, Brown, Chamois, Yellow, along with Metal fixtures and frames, colors of white, gray, black and blue
- AVOID Fire, colors of Red, Hot Pink, Violet, Brick, Burgundy and Orange as well as heavy Wood furniture and green tones
Tui Red Metal #7 is in the South West, Earth visited by Metal – is connected to Robbery, Crime, Violence, Cheating and Arguments. Security and Safety cannot be stressed enough. Be wary also if this is an office location as bad deals, theft, and deception are far more likely. The Earthy South West fuels this negativity so we will want to weaken this by adding splashes of Blue.
CURES to Dispel:
- Double check security of windows, doors, smoke detector, and electronics
- A large quartz crystal is a great cure
- If you have a desk in the South West place a Brass Dragon to the right with a world globe
- If an entrance or a Kitchen place a Blue door mat
- If a kitchen, cover burners with Metal cookie sheets when not in use and also be very careful when using sharp objects like knives or opening tin cans
- Use this room minimally and quietly, keep doors closed, windows closed and drapes drawn
- Avoid sleeping in this sector or using this as an entrance
- AVOID Fire, Red, Earth tones like Yellow and Brown as well as Wood and shades of green
- Focus on Blue and Black with use of pillows, towels, rugs, and artwork (not actual Water)
Ken Earth #8 is in the East, Wood visited by Earth – is connected to Money, Wealth, Fame, Happy Celebrations and Good Fortune. But the Three Killings is also visiting so we want to make sure not to put your back to the East whether it’s a dining room chair, a lounge chair, an office chair or your bed. The conflict of Earth and Wood can be mitigated with Fire.
CURES to Enhance:
- Open the windows, drapes and doors to keep the chi active
- Do Not sit with your back to the East
- Place in a glass bowl 8 amethyst crystal balls if the East is your bedroom
- Use a Red light (lamp shade, light bulb or lava lamp, salt lamp) and keep on throughout the year
- In the yard place 8 terracotta pots with red flowers
- Inside place 8 red silk flowers in a pottery vase
- Hang a string of 8 Chinese coins
- Focus on colors of Fire Red with fires in the fireplace, candles, and incense along with accents of Wood and Green, Yellow, Brown, Tan and other Earth tones
- AVOID Metal, White, Gray, shades of Blue, and Water
Li Purple Fire #9 is in the South East, Wood visited by Fire – is connected to Happiness, Marriage, Success, Good Fortune and Promotion all happening in the future, so a good area to plant seeds of new ideas, make babies, launch projects, open new businesses, etc. Career opportunities and promotions are probable and especially so if you have an office or main door in the South East in 2017. There is fame and acknowledgement, growth and improvement. Very auspicious to have a front door or office in the South East. For students, this is an auspicious area for studies.
CURES to Enhance:
- For couples with a bedroom in the South East place a Kwan Yin statue for improved relations. For increased fertility place a bowl of unshelled peanuts.
- Be careful in months when visiting stars #2 and #5 show up as they will wreak havoc with this Fiery 9 – place a string of 6 Chinese coins along the wall in a row in April, July, and January 2017.
- Healthy live plants and/ or a Red or Green glass vase with 9 Purple silk flowers
- Focus on colors of Purple, Fire Red, Fuchsia, Orange, Violet and Rose, all shades of Green, and Wood
- AVOID Metal, White, Gray, Yellow, Brown, Tan and other Earth tones as well as Water influences in the form of actual Water and colors of Blue
Forewarning: These annual Flying Stars will be doubled in September, the Rooster Month – this is when all of our 2017 lessons will be revealed in condensed version – pay attention!
Like ‘Feng Shui with Lydia Griffith ‘on Facebook